January 28, 2013 by Will Ray
I’m listening to an excellent speaker talk about fear today, among other topics.
As I run down what I know about fear, I wonder why it sometimes still gets ahold of me.
– Fear keeps you from doing what you were meant to do.
– Fear keeps you from experiences that enrich your life
– Fear binds you to your present reality and keeps you from more.
– Fear keeps you from doing something remarkable. – Seth Godin
– Courage is not the absence of fear, but the willingness to act in spite of it.
– Inaction breeds fear. Action destroys it.
– There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. – I John 4:18
Fear is from the devil. Perfect love comes from God, which casts out all fear.
Fear should have no hold in our hearts. It’s hard to innovate, it’s hard to be remarkable, it’s hard to lead. Fear slows down those great things that we were meant to do.
So why does it still hold us so? Because we’re still being perfected by love.
1) Identify your fears
2) Set yourself up for success – use your power of choice and refuse to compare
Fear keeps you from the greatest things in life. Refuse to be ruled by it. Name, choose, act.
Question: Why does fear get a hold of you?