December 1, 2012 by Will Ray
This November was a great November. This December is going to be a great December.
I celebrated my birthday in a big way, much thanks to Nancy Ray. She surprised me with dinner at Brasa – a Brazilian steakhouse here in Raleigh. Meat lovers paradise. I was a happy man, to say the least. We had a great Thanksgiving, complete with lots of food and snagging a beautiful $8 Christmas tree in the mountains
If November is my favorite month, December is definitely my second favorite. Christmas is obviously great, but Nancy’s birthday is also at the end of the month. The whole world celebrates with her on the 31st, New Year’s Eve.
This is going to be a great month, but a busy one. I’m looking forward to lots of time with family and friends and a time to slow down and reflect at the end of the year.
Also this month, Nancy and I are knocking out one of our biggest personal financial goals, so we are thrilled about that. There’s more info that we want to share about that in the New Year, so stay tuned!
With all that said, here are some things I hope to do this December:
– Finish reading Blue Like Jazz and read The 4-Hour Workweek
– Finish my shopping for Christmas and Nancy’s birthday
– Order a new pair of glasses*
– Prepare budget proposals for my departments at church* (still lots to do on this)
– Plan the first quarter of curriculum for the Bridge Youth Ministry 2013
– Finalize dates and travel plans for a Bridge Youth Ministry mission trip next summer
– Move into and set up my new office on the church property
– Review and update my Life Plan* (a must-do before the New Year)
– Go to at least 4 Christmas services/concerts
Gonna be a busy month! Let’s get started!