November 22, 2012 by Will Ray
Growing up, my mom always made us make a “Thankfulness List,” while riding in the car to our Thanksgiving destination (despite our ardent whines and protests). With a more mature perspective I’m actually thankful she made us do that.
So with that said, here are 22 things I’m thankful for (since this Thanksgiving is on the 22nd).
2) This guy (Winston)
3) Jesus – Let’s face it, I could write a whole post about this one.
4) My Bible – I love God’s Word, and I love my Bible specifically, given to me by Nancy on my graduation from NC State.
5) My Family – Crazy bunch, and I love them.
6) Great new friendships that have grown and developed this year
7) My chance to serve at Celebration Church
8) The freedom and liberty that we have left, especially freedom of religion
9) This country in which we live
10) God’s incredible provision in our lives
11) Our home
12) A healthy mind with which I can read, write, speak, learn, and grow
13) A healthy body with which I can work and play
14) These kiddos (representing all of our 7 nieces and nephews)
15) The leadership team that serves our students alongside me at Church
16) Our Pastors
17) The internet and technology – believe it or not, so I can do this and interact with people no matter where they are
19) Dave Ramsey and Financial Peace University – LOL, but seriously. I don’t know where we’d be financially if we didn’t have these principles; but because we do, we’re winning.
20) The students that I get to serve at Celebration Church – pretty incredible group
21) The awesome opportunities Nancy and I get through Nancy Ray Photography to meet awesome people and capture memories of incredible weddings all over the southeast
22) REST! – which we’re going to get a lot of this weekend (we hope!)
Question – What are you thankful for today?