October 1, 2012 by Will Ray
I love your cooler weather, but I don’t like your shorter days. I love the cheaper electricity bill, but I don’t like sweating at night when Nancy starts to require the use of the heating blanket. I enjoy being able to eat soups (I’m too hot in other parts of the year) but I don’t like that it’s no fun getting in the water. Love the changing of the leaves, but not a big Halloween fan.
Though it’s a mixed bag, I like you alright, October.
Here’s how September panned out, and what’s on tap for you, October.
– Blog three times a week – eh, averaged less than 2x
– Pull off our biggest event of the year for youth: the Lock-In! (and survive) – survive and thrive! Biggest youth event we’ve held, with 92 students and nearly 20 adult volunteers!
– Finish John Adams by the time we get to Boston – nope… had about 100 pages left in Boston, but I finished it – look for a review upcoming!
– Finish reading Mere Christianity and Platform – see below
– Go to New England to celebrate with friends who are getting married – yes, yes, and yes
– Exercise at least once a week – close, but not there yet
– Find a time to play golf – major fail, no time for golf at all
– Get up by 6:30am every work day – Sundays included – not quite, had to sleep in to recover from lock-in and our New England Trip
– Finish Reading Platform and Mere Christianity* – So close!
– Help Nancy Ray thrive in our busiest 5 wedding weeks of the year!
– Blog twice a week* (need to manage expectations)
– Finish coordinating our third Financial Peace University class! Love this!
– Check our credit – important to keep tabs on, even though we don’t use it.
– Review and update my Personal Life Plan
– Get to the eye doctor and buy some new Warby Parkers
* – holdover goal from last month
What are your goals this month? Share a link if you’ve posted them somewhere!